Hemp Extraction Training Class
March 25, 2019 (Monday, 10 AM to 5 PM) – Golden, CO (near Denver)
Please call to confirm availability and schedule a class: (970) 403-2925
Private classes available for groups of 4 or more.
Hemp CBD Extraction Class – $600/student
Are you interested in getting hands-on training in hemp extraction?
Would you like to gain a deeper understanding of the process to manufacture hemp CBD products?
Do you want to feel confident in selecting the right equipment for you lab?
Each class offers a unique, hands-on hemp extraction experience at a fully functional extraction laboratory. Get real training running equipment commonly found in extraction labs. Class sizes are kept to a minimum (6 students or less) to allow for plenty of individualized attention and opportunity to personally use handle extracts and equipment. We focus on best practices, safety, various qualities/grades of hemp extracts, and the extraction process from the biomass (plant material) all the way to extracts ready to infuse into consumer CBD products.
Class is limited to 4 students. The program is designed to provide a 4:1 student/instructor ratio for the extraction process and post processing equipment instruction.
The 7-hour class session includes:
- Lab Safety Review
- Compliance & Hazardous Locations Review
- Solvent comparisons (butane, propane, ethanol, vs. CO2)
- Preparing hemp biomass for extraction
- Operation closed loop extract (butane/propane)
- Performed in a Class 1 Division 1 Extraction Booth
- Creating high-quality full spectrum hemp extracts (cannabinoid and terpene rich essential oils)
- Operation of a Rotary Evaporator (ethanol)
- Operation of a Vacuum Oven (residual solvent removal)
- Winterization – Refinement through filtration of plant waxes
- Flash Chromatography for isolation and removal of THC (to create THC-free broad spectrum hemp extracts)
- Lunch Provided